Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Something's Odd: My Novel Re-visited

The start of the cover of Something's Odd. One of the main characters is based off of me (well they all are in a way, but her more physically), but a tad different looking.
      Last year, I was writing a novel called Something's Odd. But, I stopped when I got distracted by another friend's life. I'm off that now though and back to my own ready to finish my book. But, there's a problem. I read what I had written, about half the novel, and I hate it.
      I still love the plot, the characters, the idea of it all. I just very much dislike how it was written. So, I decided to flush out the storyline back into an outline and better organize the whole thing. I realized I half assed the organization of the book, and that's why the characters didn't feel real and the plot had no depth. So, I'm back at outlining the character and everything. Hopefully, I won't get distracted again. I really want to write this.

No comments:

Post a Comment